Thanksgiving....

>> Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hope everyone had a truly wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving with family and loved ones. We had a nice day. I cooked and hosted my first Thanksgiving. It was just Dave, myself and the inlaws and it was a great day. Then Saturday we headed up to the upstate and visited my parents, siblings and grandparents. We watched several football games, one which I will not even mention :), ate lots of mom's delicious food and have an overall good time.

As cliche as it is to say we have so many reasons to be Thankful....we really do, we are blessed with much. Great family, some how we are making it through my new career change and this horrible economy, we have great friends and a roof over our heads. There are always things to be thankful for.
Lastly, I leave you with pictures of our Thanksgiving setup.







4 comments:

Beth Ann December 2, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

I love your blue dishes! They are beautiful.

Vintage Gal Marialena December 2, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

That turquoise blue is genius against the autumn colors! gorgeous tablescape.

The Yellow Spoon December 2, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

I love those plates! Beautiful!

Unknown December 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Thanks for the update. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Call me next time you're in the upstate. I agree about the blue plates. Your house is coming together nicely, can't wait to see it.