>> Tuesday, January 18, 2011
I don't know about ya'll...but I am SO over winter. I always feel chilled to the bone, my skin gets dry and flaky, I have crazy static not only in my hair but in my clothes and all I want to do is sleep.
- Epson Salt
- Chamomille Tea Bags
- 1 Lemon
- Coconut Oil or Mild Facial Cleanser
- Organic Honey (regular will work too)
- Granulated Sugar
- Plain Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Washcloth or Facial Sponge
- Hand Towel
- Large Towel
Let's start with the Epson Salt Bath First:
Make your bath experience as peaceful and relaxing for you as possible. For some this may be a book and a glass of wine. For others it may be calm music and scented candles and for some it may be nothing at all. Heck, for some it may be rocking out to Metallica :) I chose scented candles and a cup of chamomille tea.
Before filling your bath, place about 4 cups of Epson salt into the bath and fill the bath with warm water. Let yourself relax and enjoy your bath!
Epson salt is believed to withdraw toxins from the body, relieve swelling and relax muscles. This is just a time for you to sit back and relax.
Once the bath is complete move on to the facial.
At home facial:
- First start by cleansing the face. I prefer coconut oil (coconut oil is actually a solid and needs to be warmed in the microwave). Typically you fight an oily face with oil. If you have makeup on or have a naturally oily face- your typical mild cleanser will work. Rub oil or cleanser all over face and rinse with warm water/ you can use wash cloth to remove oil. Pat dry face with hand towel.
- Take 3 cups of water and place in pot on stove with 3 chamomille tea bags. Cut the lemon and squeeze the juice into the tea and let it boil. Once water is boiling remove it from stove and let sit for about a minute. I placed the pot on a towel and sat at the kitchen table for the next step...
- Taking the pot, sit at the table and place your face over the pot with the large towel over your head. Let the steam absorb into your face and breathe in the chamomille tea. Sit under the towel for about 10 minutes. (Yes, you will sweat...you want to sweat :).
- This step can vary for some people....but after you dry your face from the steam take 2 of the wet teabags and place in the freezer, you can either move forward to step 5 or you can take a pimple extractor and extract the blackheads on your face. This works best freshly after the steam.
- Next, time to exfoliate!! Take about 2 TBSP's of honey and about a teaspoon of sugar and make it into a paste. Take the paste and scrub it over your face sloughing off the dead skin cells. Use the washcloth or facial sponge to wipe away paste.
- Now on to our mask! Take the yogurt or sour cream and place it all over your face, take the teabags out of the freezer, go lie down on your bed or couch and relax for about 5-10 minutes.
- Come back, wet the washcloth with warm water and remove the yogurt or sour cream. Once your face is clean of the mask, pat dry with a towel.
- Lastly, moisturize your face with your favorite moisturizer.
Your skin should feel as good as new!
Hopefully these 2 little things will relax you and make your skin feel much better! Good Bye winter blues!