The beginning of my journey...

>> Monday, February 11, 2008

Life gives you many opportunities, and if you let them pass you buy who's to say that they will come again? This blog is my way of working through the many changes my life is playing out for me. It's a way to keep me on track, keep me responsible and accountable.

I recently got married, and my husband and married life are wonderful! I truly have married my best friend..so cliche, yet so true. Along with the marriage, came debt...from both of us. So the first major change we are making for our lives is to become "fiscally healthy". It's a hard road, budgets, snowball calculators, Dave Ramsey books... if you have ever tried to get out of debt you know what I mean. It's a hard road, but with many sacrifices we will overcome this obstacle.

My second biggest goal, is not only become fiscally healthy, but physically healthy. I have a goal of 50lbs this year. I am dealing with some health issues that have caused my weight gain, but I will no longer let this get me down. I have to change me...this means eating healthy, working out, and living well. I am already down 5lbs....45lbs...here I come.

Lastly, my career change. I am terrified and excited all at the same time. I am working towards my real estate license, and eventually would love to work as a full time Realtor and set my own schedule. I am fortunate right now to be working for a re-known real estate agency, but I am ready to work for me and answer to myself. I am tired of working under someone else.

2008 is going to be a year that I look back at and say..."wow...that was a emotionally and physically demanding year...but look at who I have become today."





0 comments: