Dated lamp has a new home...

>> Sunday, February 21, 2010

A few weeks ago I headed over to my favorite thrift store to scour for some great finds and came across some very ugly and dated lamps. Knowing that I was in search of some new lamps for our living room, I checked the price tag and noticed they were a cool $5.90 for the pair. Yes, I bought the ugly lamps and am now the proud owner of them. I know you are probably wondering why I would buy lamps I thought were ugly, I thought they had potential.


Fast forward to today, I bought the supplies needed for my lamp transformation and got to work.
1. Ugly lamps
2. Spray paint primer
3. Spray paint in the desired color
4. Extra fine grit sanding paper
5. Aluminum foil

I cleaned the lamps with a wet rag, sanded them lightly to allow the paint to stick better and then used aluminum foil to wrap up the cord and part of the lamp that hold the bulb (it's easier and way cheaper than tape).







The Final Product:





5 comments:

Lori Z February 21, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

They look great! I really like the color too.

Alison February 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

It looks amazing! Way better than that ugly brass! Thanks for inspiring me to buy ugly lamps too! : )

Lisa February 21, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

The lamp looks great! I love the new color!

Steph@ madas place February 21, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

Love that! I've been planning on doing this myself as soon as I can find some good candidates at Goodwill.

suzanne March 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

The cheery yellow color is great! I'll be featuring this on my thrifty treasures post this coming Monday 3/29:)