My favorite things...

>> Monday, May 31, 2010

There are so many new things this month I have been using and loving, but I will pick the top 5 that have really helped me turn my fitness and weightloss around.



The Copco ColdCup is awesome! It's a refillable water glass with an awesome plastic straw that makes is so easy to bring water around. I was using so many water bottles and I really wanted to cut down on my consumption of plastic bottles. I purchased this cup from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $8 and I bring it everywhere. It makes drinking water much easier for me.

Couch to 5K has really been a beneficial tool in getting my lazy tush off of the couch and running. It's a slow program to motivate people to go from being lazy to being a runner in 2 months. The program stresses 3 weekly runs for about 30 minutes. It's just the right kind of exercise and gets me closer to my goal of running a 5k.

Protein powder....funny, I cut back calories to lose weight and at first that helped and I lost 9.5lbs, but after the initial weight loss I hit a plateau and didn't lose anymore weight. It was suggested by several health and fitness blogs that I up my calories by about 300 more a day with a protein shake. So far I have been doing this a week and am down 1lb. and gotten past the plateau!



My running shoes...I love Asics...they are perfect for my higharches and give me great support. Of course I cannot wait for the day to get professionally fitted for the right running shoe, but so far my shoes have worked great in aleviating shin splints and pain in my high arches.






These headbands are Goody stayput headbands. I am growning out my hair and all my layers are held back by these bands while I run, lift weights or sweat. They are a great and cheap accessory for me.
So there you have my favorite things this month. Sorry they are all fitness related....fitness has just become a huge part of my life and I am loving it.















1 comments:

AllRusty June 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

I'm interested in that couch to 5k. I've been wanting to work up to running a 5k, but then summer hits and I quit because even by 8 am it's too hot to go running. :/ Is that something just in your area? Or is that through an online program?