Cleanliness is next to impossible....

>> Sunday, April 25, 2010


I kid, but that is how I feel these days. The hubs and I are very busy people...often times we get home around 6pm from work then have errands to run or clients to meet after hours or have other appointments that take away from time being at home.

It seems that weekends are always taken up doing yard work, meeting clients or with family outings...and while I love doing all of that, it's really hard to keep a clean house and be a busy person. I LOVE a clean house and hate disorganization.

This weekend I started to work on a simple cleaning list of small things I could do to keep the house spic and span during the week. I am sure I will add on to this list over time as it is a simple list...but it is a start.

Here goes:
Sunday:


  • I wash my sheets and comforter as needed

  • Wipe down stove, countertops and dishwasher

  • Clean Frig

  • Clean microwave

  • Straighten pantry

  • Laundry


Monday:


  • Put weekly mail in appropriate place

  • Vacuum and sweep hardwoods

  • Dust livingroom surfaces

  • Tidy livingroom

Tuesday:

  • Vacuum all bedrooms with carpet

  • Clean guest bathroom (wipe down countertop, clean toilet and windex mirror)

Wednesday:

  • Tidy office and throw any unnecessary papers away

  • Disenfect kitchen sink

  • Put weekly mail in appropriate place

  • Laundry

Thursday:

  • Sweep and mop hardwood floors

  • Clean master bathroom (wipe down countertop, clean toilet and windex mirror)

  • Dust master bedroom

Friday: day off! Fridays are usually spent having dinner and drinks with friends.


Saturday:

  • Mop guest and master bathroom floors
  • Clean master bathroom tub and shower


2x a month I plan on cleaning the guest bathroom shower. It is rarely used so it does not need to be cleaned that often.

This is a new thing for me...usually I do all my cleaning in one day and end up spending the whole day cleaning. Hopefully this schedule will help me tackle my cleaning.

If you have a cleaning schedule and would like to share...I would love to hear from you!

1 comments:

Unknown May 1, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

I recommend the getting a housekeep/maid/cleaning service schedule;)