Couch to 5K....

>> Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Have you heard of this program? The hubs and I are starting it tonight and I could not be more excited! One of my goals this year was to find an exercise program and stick with it (besides my normal gym routine). Sure, I go to the gym and lift weights and do the elliptical or the treadmill, but I wanted something extra and something that would give me true satisfaction in the exercise department.

For the past few months I have really wanted to start running. It just seems fun to me...to be able to run on the treadmill, out in the beautiful weather or competing in races.

A friend told me about the Couch to 5K program and sent me the link. This program is literally what the title states....it takes you from being a non runner to being able to run about 3.5 miles in 9 weeks...for me it may be a few months, but I don't care how long it takes as long as I can do it.

Here is the link:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Stay tuned for my progression! I can't wait to start!

1 comments:

Unknown May 1, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

I can't believe you find running to be fun! You must be good at it, cause I prefer walking on treadmills on inclines. I just started doing the stair master, it is kicking my butt in the best way possible! Maybe one day I too will join this Couch to 5K!