Creating Faux Mercury Glass

>> Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I love the look of mercury glass but hate the price tag. So I decided to try an attempt at creating my own mercury glass looking vases. They didn't come out really looking like mercury glass, but I actually LOVE the way they turned out and it was a simple project.

1st- start by covering the outside of your vases. You are going to be spraying the inside and do not want any extra paint on the outside of the vase.
Next, I used the Krylon brand "Looking Glass" spray paint. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby for around $7. I started spraying the inside of the vase in nice and even sprays.
This was after the first coat of paint!

And here is the final product! I love how they turned out! Now I need to get some flowers and put them in my newly painted vases!

3 comments:

Mrs.CFH2 October 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Great easy project! Love it!

Anonymous October 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

Those look great! Very clever.

Susan/Project Balancing Act November 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Those look really great! I love mercury (looking) glass.